HVAC Concepts, a leading Building Automation Systems integration company located in Frederick, Maryland, is looking for Application Engineers to join our expanding business.
These individuals will utilize programming tools, standards and procedures, and their knowledge of building systems and applications to develop program instructions for DDC controllers and front-end user interface on projects. They will work alongside Project Managers and Field Technicians assigned to a project to fulfill the project requirements. Programming will include setup of user interface and/or browser-based systems using the Niagara Framework. The ideal candidate will be able to incorporate a sequence of operations into a device and/or workstation application that meets all project requirements.
- Under minimal supervision, complete assigned projects, programming, and commissioning and project turnover per contract obligations
- Act as a technical resource to the project’s team and customer, as needed
- Assist with solutions to systems problems, either troubleshooting the system or advise others on how to resolve problems
- Assist in performing required commissioning documentation
- Provide accurate information for closeout documents including as-built drawings
- Provide customer or end-user training on system operation
- Report problems or changes to supervisor or management
- Perform self-study (reading, research, and practice) to obtain technical proficiency on required products and application
- Lead, direct, and teach BAS Implementers to assist in the successful implementation of projects
- Adhere to safety standards and local and national codes, with a high degree of regard to team member and subcontractor safety
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 3 years experience with DDC, building automation systems or other control systems
- 2 or 4 year degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field is preferred but not required
- Knowledge of software and computer language used to operate Tridium Niagara Framework (Java/HTML). Niagara AX certification is a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of various communications protocols used in the industry including BACnet, Lonworks and Modbus
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Competitive hourly wage
- Medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance
- 401k with company matching
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays
We are a drug-free work place and equal opportunity employer.