Fidelity Mechanical Services, a Fidelity Building Services Group® company and a premier provider of Mechanical HVAC design, installation and service in the Mid‐Atlantic region, is seeking an Assistant Project Manager to join our expanding business.
Do you have an eye for detail and a go-getter personality? Are you ready to help synchronize all stages and elements of Mechanical Projects and help them operate successfully?
Fidelity Mechanical Services is looking for an Assistant Project Manager to join our team in Ashburn, VA.
- Obtain plumbing, HVAC, gas fitting, and other types of permits as required by jurisdictional codes.
- Receive material takeoffs from the site foreman and send to various vendors
- Obtain a list of equipment to price out from the Project Manager. After obtaining the best available price, request submittals on the equipment for engineer approval.
- Obtain pricing from subcontractors for items such as air balance, insulation, garbage disposal, and water treatment to use during the finishing stages of the project.
- Request installation, operation, and maintenance manuals for all equipment pertaining to the project.
- Scan documents into the electronic job folder.
- Prepare closing documentation to include O&Ms (operation and maintenance manuals), as-builts (copy of blueprints) start-up sheets, warranty, and air balance reports. Forward this information to clients.
- May prepare job billings to be sent to the customer after approval from the Project Manager.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Excellent communicator that has a strong understanding of change orders, RFIs, coordination with general contractors, vendors, subcontractors and permit offices.
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
We are a drug-free work place and equal opportunity employer.